Longtime NBA exec Stu Jackson to leave post, Rod Thorn returns to league office

NBA Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Stu Jackson will be leaving the league after more than 13 years, commissioner David Stern announced Wednesday. Jackson will be replaced by veteran league and team executive Rod Thorn, who will assume the title of President of Basketball Operations on August 1.

 

“Stu has made enormous contributions to the NBA over the past 13 years,” Stern said. “He informed (Stern and several other league officials) some months ago that after a long and distinguished career at the league, he felt that this was the appropriate time to step down. We thank Stu for a job very well done, including assisting with the transition to Rod, and wish him the best in his future endeavors.”

 

Jackson was in charge of all oncourt and international basketball operations, including game rules, conduct, discipline and analytics. He also served as chairman of the NBA Competition Committee and on FIBA’s Competition Commission and USA Basketball’s Board of Directors.

 

“The NBA has given me an extraordinary opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in sports and I am extremely proud to be associated with the remarkable global growth of the league, which couldn’t be in better hands with Rod coming in to lead Basketball Operations,” Jackson said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to applying my NBA experience as I move onto my next challenge.”

 

Jackson has been in college or pro basketball for over 30 years. Prior to coming to the NBA, he also served as as head coach of the New York Knicks, was President and General Manager of the Vancouver Grizzlies, head coach at the University of Wisconsin, and assistant coach at Providence College, Washington State and the University of Oregon.

 

Thorn, meanwhile, returns to the league office, where he previously spent 10 seasons as President of Basketball Operations, after executive stints with New Jersey and, most recently, Philadelphia. He also served earlier in his career with the Chicago Bulls.

After Napoli, Reina to Barca?

Loaned to Napoli for a season, it seems there would be no way back to Liverpool for Pepe Reina at the end of next season.
Spanish goalkeeper was finally officially released to the runner-up camp Serie A on loan for a year. Reds manager, Brendan Rodgers calls for financial reasons the club was behind his decision to give up Reina to San Paolo.
But according to The Daily Star, Reina likely will not return to Anfield if lending period is completed. Sources close to the player claim he will only return the cat to Barcelona next summer.
Reina reportedly already signed a pre-contract to return to the home club. He will instantly right on time digaet current Blaugrana goalkeeper Victor Valdes pull of the Nou Camp at the end of summer 2014 contract. [bnt]

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Lotus Kimi Raikkonen tried to convince to stay on the team and did not move to Red Bull.
“In the last two years we managed to close the gap to Red Bull. And we continue to catch up with this,” said Eric Boullier, Lotus boss told the BBC.
Raikkonen speculation of a move to Red Bull’s Mark Webber came after deciding not to renew his contract with Red Bull.
Click Webber will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year and will jump in NASCAR.
With Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso team, Raikkonen is considered as an ideal replacement for Webber.
end of August
Click Raikkonen record of achievement is quite impressive and for a while was in third position in the championship under the Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Boullier said that Raikkonen at Lotus future will be decided before August.
“He’s old enough to decide what is best for him. Sides There is a positive side and a negative if he decided to move to Red Bull next year,” said Boullier.
Beyond the technical factors, Boullier said there was a problem between Lotus and Raikkonen related payroll but Boullier confirmed that the salary arrears is now complete.
Red Bull Webber himself said a replacement will be announced in late August.

Indonesia in Grand Final of 3×3 World Basketball

Indonesia Masuk Grand Final Basket 3x3 Dunia

Jakarta – The Indonesian team won the FIBA ​​3×3 World Tour event Tokyo Master 2013. By bringing the team name Yoska Jakarta, Indonesia bowed team Nagoya (Japan) in the final round on Sunday, July 21, 2013 with the score 16-15.
“This victory is not anyone thought,” said coach Yoska Jakarta, Anthony Gunawan at Hotel Atlet Century Jakarta, Tuesday, July 23, 2013, evening. The reason, the players just have little preparation time and have never played with three against three schemes. Not to mention, he said, his opponents are the best players representing each country.
Anthony describes his team lost in the preliminary round twice and only won once. However, they qualified for the second round because bears three teams with the best ratings. “After that we did not want to give up home. We focus per game and was finally able to get in the final and win,” he said.
Ramadhani said team captain Fandi although the first time three players to play with the format, his colleagues were able to show the best game. According to him, basically playing basketball at the same everywhere. It’s just using a 3×3 game rules and playing strategies specifically. “It was difficult to play. But we try to focus on playing games per game,” said Fandi, who plays Aspac.
Fandi said that in the first game against the team they play very bad Guangzhou. The cause is not just a matter of non-technical, such as hot weather, wind, and outdoor field, the players also do not know how to set the tempo of the game. But it could eventually be overcome after entering the second game.
Armed with passion and are reluctant to throw away a chance to play in the international arena, he said, the team was playing trengginas. “It can not be separated from our strong defense. Especially fitting in the final round,” said Anthony.
Secretary-General of the Basketball Association of Indonesia Indonesia Agus Mauro said they were proud to qualify for the grand final which will be held in Istanbul, Turkey. This achievement is the best achievement of Indonesian basketball team. “This is a tremendous victory, because our opponents are very good,” said Agus. He hopes that Indonesia could play more leverage in the grand final round later.
Further, Sport Director of the Federation Internationale de Basket-ball Amateur Kosta Iliev said initially the presence of the Indonesian team does not get the spotlight means. Costa also said he was surprised Indonesia could qualify and represent the Asia Pacific-Oceania region.
“It turns out Jakarta formidable team. Hopefully it can continue in the grand final,” he said. On the other hand, is currently being sought to basketball FIBA ​​3×3 can go down in the 2016 Olympics. According to Costa, basketball 3×3 has a good development.
For this result, Jakarta Yoska reinforced Fandi Ramadhani, Wijaya Saputra, Vinton Nollan, and Rizky Effendi entitled to a cash prize of $ 10,000 and a ticket to the world championship. Until now, only two teams that already have a place in the grand final, ie Jakarta and Nagoya.
FIBA are still awaiting the results of the series in the series tour San Juan, Puerto Rico; series Prague, Czech Republic; Laussane, Switzerland, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The grand

Moyes Wants Rooney in Stockholm

While the future of Wayne Rooney continues to be associated with Chelsea, David Moyes confirmed that it will play a player who was ‘upset’ when against AIK in Stockholm next month.
“I hope Wayne is located in Stockholm,” said the successor to Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United legend.
“As far as I know he would join, he has started practicing jogging, the situation continues to improve,” said Moyes.
About Chelsea who kept trying to get the British star, back Moyes insists Rooney is not for sale.
“We have insisted he was not for sale and it has not changed”.